When creating your account and placing orders on the site www.spartoo.co.uk (hereinafter referred to as the Site), SPARTOO collects personal data about you. The protection of your personal data is at the heart of SPARTOO concerns, which is committed to constantly improving its compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), as well as with the Data Protection Act n°78-17 of 6 January 1978 (LIL).
The term "personal data" is defined by the CNIL as "any information relating to a natural person who may be identified, directly or indirectly".
Your personal data is collected only for determined, explicit and legitimate purposes to achieve one or more of the following :
The personal data collected on the Site are processed by :
SPARTOO SAS Société par Actions Simplifiée
Registered with the RCS of Grenoble under n° 489 895 821,
Whose registered office is located at 16 rue Henri Barbusse 38100 Grenoble(ci-après : SPARTOO)
SPARTOO has appointed a personal data protection officer (ci-après : DPO).
You can contact the DPO by :
- E-mail : à email@example.com
- Postal mail : SPARTOO SAS - DPO -16 rue Henri Barbusse 38100 Grenoble
What personal information does SPARTOO collect about its customers ?
- Information you give us
We collect and store all the information you give us about your SPARTOO account. You may choose not to provide us with certain information, however, this may result in you not receiving some of our services.
- Information collected automatically
When you browse the site SPARTOO, we automatically collect certain information, including information about your use of and interaction with the content of the site SPARTOO. This collection takes place mainly via "cookies".
- Information from other sources Our marketing partnerships also allow us to collect personal data about you, subject to your express prior consent to such partners.
The processing of personal data concerns in particular:
- Identity ;
- The data relative to payment ;
- Family, economic or financial situation ;
- Navigation data ;
- Data relating to the follow-up of the commercial relationship: order history, after-sales service information, order details, delivery incidents, complaints, exchanges, comments;
- Data relating to the regulation of invoices ;
- The data necessary to carry out loyalty and marketing actions;
- Data relating to the organisation and processing of competitions and all promotional operations;
- As part of the fight against fraud: proof of identity or residence and a shortened copy of your bank card;
- Telephone recordings of your calls to customer service. (You have the possibility to refuse the recording during your call).
For what purposes does SPARTOO process my personal information?
SPARTOO processes personal data for the purposes of providing and improving its services and customer experience.
These purposes include :
- Orders, delivery of products
SPARTOO processes personal data primarily for the purposes of: processing orders, enabling delivery of products, making payments and communicating with customers regarding their orders, products, services and promotional offers.
- Personalizing your customer experience SPARTOO
We use your personal information to recommend products and services that may be of interest to you by identifying your preferences and customizing your experience SPARTOO.
- Compliance with our legal obligations.
In some cases, we have a legal obligation to collect and process your personal information.
- Enable optimised communication with our customers
- Fraud prevention
Some processing of personal data requires your consent for a specific purpose. Where you consent to the processing of your personal information for that specific purpose, you may withdraw that consent at any time and it will be terminated.
If you do not wish to receive the newsletter SPARTOO, you can unsubscribe from the tab my subscriptions in your account.
If you do not want us to use your personal information to display ads based on your interests, simply notify us in my cookies settings section.
If you wish to browse our websites anonymously, you can do so by logging out of your account and disabling cookies on your browser.
The categories of recipients of your personal data are
- The Internal Services of SPARTOO SAS
Access to your personal data within the company SPARTOO SAS will be limited to categories of employees within the scope of their duties and according to the purpose of the processing of such data.
( The data we collect may be passed on to some of our subsidiaries and external service providers for the purposes of processing product orders, delivering products and processing payments. These third party service providers have access to the personal information needed to perform their services and are not permitted to use it for any other purpose and are required to comply with applicable data protection laws.
- Some personal data is transferred to a country outside the European Union. Where we transfer personal information to countries outside the European Economic Area, we ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Example: a subcontracting agreement with a company domiciled in Madagascar which takes over part of SPARTOO's customer service activity; all the necessary measures and guarantees to secure such transfers have been taken.
- Your personal data may also be sent to public bodies, exclusively to meet legal obligations, to court officers, to legal agents and to bodies responsible for debt collection.
A legal basis for a processing operation is defined as the legal basis for its implementation, which gives an organisation the right to process personal data.
Les bases légales sont distinctes en fonction du type de traitement effectué :
- The contract: concerns the processing of all data necessary for the agreed contract.
- Consent: you choose to communicate your personal data by expressly giving your consent, which can be withdrawn at any time.
- Legitimate interest: the interest must meet the criteria of legitimacy, necessity, and not conflict with the rights and interests of the persons whose data are processed.
- Legal obligation: The processing of personal data results from a legal obligation.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the fulfilment of the relevant purposes and for the fulfilment of legal obligations such as tax or accounting obligations, or for such other period as may be notified to you.
For the same processing, personal data undergo several storage phases. Depending on the type of processing and its purpose, the retention periods differ.
- The first phase of retention is the storage in an active database. Retention depends on the achievement of the purpose of the processing that justifies its collection. The data are accessible to the operational departments in charge of the processing.
- The second phase is intermediate archiving. The data collected are no longer used to achieve the purpose for which they were collected, but they are still of administrative interest, and authorised by law, such as the management of a dispute or an unpaid bill, or their retention is authorised or required by law. Intermediate archiving is carried out within the limits of the applicable prescription periods, or in accordance with the legal obligations of conservation. Access to this data will be restricted to a list of duly authorized by Spartoo SPARTOO employees.
- After this intermediate archiving phase, your data will be anonymised.
In order to determine the duration of the retention of your data, it is necessary to define the starting point. In accordance with the recommendations of the CNIL, this starting point is defined by the last positive action of the customer or prospect which implies a real approach showing an interest in SPARTOO; for example :
- clicking on a hyperlink,
- an order,
- logging into the customer account
- the site visit.
The company SPARTOO takes all necessary precautions to protect the security of your personal data.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of customer personal information. These measures may include requesting proof of your identity in connection with a request for portability of your personal data.
SPARTOO encrypts, pseudonymises and anonymises personal data and implements a binding password management policy.
The companySPARTOO uses a data breach register in accordance with Articles 33 and 34 of the RGPD and undertakes to prevent data breaches, to react appropriately, and to notify breaches to the CNIL and to data subjects in strict compliance with the deadlines established by the RGPD.
SPARTOO also reminds you of the importance of protecting yourself against unauthorised access to your customer account and the confidentiality of your password.also reminds you of the importance of protecting yourself against unauthorised access to your customer account and the confidentiality of your password.
To enable our systems to recognize your browser or device and provide you with the services ofSPARTOO we use "cookies".
These "cookies" are set to better serve you.
We measure the number of pages viewed, the number of visits, and the activity of visitors to the Site and the frequency with which they return. We use "cookie" technology to do this. A cookie does not allow us to identify you. In general, it records information relating to your computer's browsing on our site (the pages you consulted, the date and time of the consultation, etc.) which we can read during your subsequent visits.
Some cookies called "advertising cookies" allow us to track your browsing and record the products you have seen, and then within a maximum of 90 days to present you with advertising banners that may or may not be related to your past browsing. These cookies are linked to your internet profile (but do not identify you). They also require your express consent in the same way as above. If you do not wish to receive these "advertising cookies", click on the link below:
Disable advertising cookies on my profile
In accordance with EU Regulation 2016/679, you have many rights, namely:
- The right to access, modify, rectify and delete information about yourself.
- The right to request the portability of this information.
- The possibility to object to the processing of your personal information or to request to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain cases.
You can send your requests to:
- by e-mail: at firstname.lastname@example.org
- by post: SAS – DPO - 16 rue Henri Barbusse 38 100 Grenoble
You also have the right to file a claim with the CNIL: